CEUs and BMSC Certification
This program is preapproved by the Board of Medical Specialty Coding & Compliance (BMSC) for CEUs and approved by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation for nursing CEs.
- OASIS-D Training: 8 HCS-O, 2 HCS-D, 2 HCS-H, 8 Nursing CEs
- ICD-10 Coding Basics: 7 HCS-D, 2 HCS-O, 6 HCS-H, 7 Nursing CEs
- ICD-10 Intermediate: 14 HCS-D, 2 HCS-O, 11 HCS-H, 14 Nursing CEs
- ICD-10 Advanced Coding: 7 HCS-D, 2 HCS-O, 6 HCS-H, 7 Nursing CEs
DecisionHealth’s sister company, HCPro, is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This educational activity has been approved by HCPro, Inc. for up to 36 nursing contact hours.
Important facts about the credentialing examinations:
- A separate registration and fee is required to sit for the exam on site at the Ultimate Coding & OASIS Training Series.
- For HCS-D and HCS-H certification, candidates MUST bring a current ICD-10-CM coding manual and a photo ID to the test. Books will not be provided to exam candidates, nor is book sharing allowed (among candidates). We recommend DecisionHealth’s Complete Home Health ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Coding Manual, 2019.
- In addition to the above referenced coding manual, for the HCS-D and HCS-H exams, you may take the FY2019 official guidelines provided HERE into the testing room. Please note, only the watermarked guidelines provided through this link will be allowed into the testing room as an additional resource.
- For the HCS-C certification, there are no allowable materials.
- For the HCS-O certification, candidates MUST bring an OASIS-C2 Form Companion OR allowed documents. Resources will not be provided to exam candidates, nor is sharing allowed (among candidates).
- Electronic code look-up systems are NOT allowed in the testing room. A hard copy coding manual is the only allowed resource.
Coding Manual Rules
The hard copy coding manual may have tabular section dividers (A through Z) that are affixed. You may have annotations written on the coding manual pages including the notes pages at the back of the manual but they must be free of any notes containing coding rules and guidelines from other reference materials (for example, Coding Clinic, Home Health ICD-10-CM Coding Answers, and similar materials).
- Alphabetical section dividers
- Post-It notes
- Loose papers or any other papers attached by any means
- The exam proctor reserves the right to deny code books that contain excessive writing and information that may give the candidate an unfair advantage.
BMSC Exam Refund Policy
If you decide to cancel your BMSC exam registration, you must notify DecisionHealth within 30 days prior to your scheduled exam date for a full refund. Candidates registered for BMSC exams have 90 days from the day they register to take an initial or retake exam. If you do not take the exam within those 90 days and do not cancel within the allowed timeframe, your registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. You can be granted an extension, but only under the following special circumstances. For more details, visit ahcc.decisionhealth.com.
Take an Exam at a Testing Center
No exams will be offered in Las Vegas. You can register to take an exam at a PSI testing center via these options:
Register online at store.decisionhealth.com/bmsc-exams. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email. Please allow up to three (3) business days after receipt of this email before scheduling your exam with our testing partner, PSI. PSI will send you an email with instructions on how to schedule your exam.
Register by calling customer service at 1-855-225-5341.
All exams are offered on Day 4.
No exams will be offered in Las Vegas.
Exam check-in: 8:00 a.m.
Exam begins: 9:00 a.m.
HCS-D Exam ends: 12:30 p.m.
HCS-O,HCS-H & HCS-C
Exams end: 12:00 p.m.
Study session for HCS-D ICD-10 exam ONLY: Day 3, 4:45-6:15 p.m.
All the coding topics helped me understand how to code and prepared me for the changes that will be implemented."
— Mika Estacio, RN,
Northwest Home Healthcare