CEUs and BMSC Certification
This program is preapproved by the Board of Medical Specialty Coding & Compliance (BMSC) for CEUs.
Continuing Education credit for this program is awarded by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for Nurses.
- OASIS-C2 Training: 8 HCS-O, 2 HCS-D, 2 HCS-H, 8 Nursing CEs
- ICD-10 Intermediate: 14 HCS-D, 2 HCS-O, 11 HCS-H, 14 Nursing CEs
- Coding Basics: 7 HCS-D, 2 HCS-O, 6 HCS-H, 7 Nursing CEUs
- ICD-10 Advanced Coding: 7 HCS-D, 2 HCS-O, 6 HCS-H, 7 Nursing CEs
Continuing Education credit for this program is awarded by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions:
Nurses: As an American Psychological Association approved provider CES programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa, however CES is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, (Provider Number CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Nurses completing the ICD-10 Coding Basics program receive 7 CE hours of credit. Nurses completing the ICD-10 Intermediate program receive 14 CE hours of credit. Nurses completing the Clinical Documentation Improvement program receive 7 CE hours of credit.
Important facts about the credentialing examinations:
- A separate registration and fee is required to sit for the exam on site at the Ultimate Coding & OASIS-C2 Training Series.
- For HCS-D and HCS-H certification, candidates MUST bring a current ICD-10-CM coding manual and a photo ID to the test. Books will not be provided to exam candidates, nor is book sharing allowed (among candidates). We recommend DecisionHealth’s Complete Home Health ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Coding Manual, 2018.
- In addition to the above referenced coding manual, for the HCS-D and HCS-H exams, you may take the FY2017 official guidelines provided HERE into the testing room. Please note, only the watermarked guidelines provided through this link will be allowed into the testing room as an additional resource.
- For the HCS-C certification, there are no allowable materials.
- For the HCS-O certification, candidates MUST bring an OASIS-C2 Form Companion OR allowed documents. Resources will not be provided to exam candidates, nor is sharing allowed (among candidates).
- Electronic code look-up systems are NOT allowed in the testing room. A hard copy coding manual is the only allowed resource.
Coding Manual Rules
The hard copy coding manual may have tabular section dividers (A through Z) that are affixed. You may have annotations written on the coding manual pages including the notes pages at the back of the manual but they must be free of any notes containing coding rules and guidelines from other reference materials (for example, Coding Clinic, Home Health ICD-10-CM Coding Answers, and similar materials).
- Alphabetical section dividers
- Post-It notes
- Loose papers or any other papers attached by any means
- The exam proctor reserves the right to deny code books that contain excessive writing and information that may give the candidate an unfair advantage.
Important Information about Exam fees:
Effective Nov. 1, 2016, BMSC exam and recertification fees will be increasing. However, if you register to take a BMSC exam at a 2016 DecisionHealth live event, the current pricing of $299.00 will be honored. If you do not pass the exam, you will have 90 days from the last date you took the exam to sit for a retake exam. The fee for that retake exam will remain $99.00.
If you register to take a BMSC exam at a DecisionHealth live event, such as an upcoming Ultimate Training, and choose not to sit for the exam at the event, you will have 90 days to reschedule and sit for the exam. Candidates rescheduling after October 31, 2016, will be charged a $30.00 administrative fee to take the exam at a PSI testing center. For all candidates, the below refund, extension and cancellation policy continues to apply.
BMSC Exam Refund Policy
If you decide to cancel your BMSC exam registration, you must notify DecisionHealth within 30 days prior to your scheduled exam date for a full refund. Candidates registered for BMSC exams have 90 days from the day they register to take an initial or retake exam. If you do not take the exam within those 90 days and do not cancel within the allowed timeframe, your registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. You can be granted an extension, but only under the following special circumstances. For more details, visit ahcc.decisionhealth.com.
All exams are offered
on Day 4 in all cities.
Exam check-in: 8:00 a.m.
Exam begins: 9:00 a.m.
HCS-D Exam ends: 12:30 p.m.
HCS-O,HCS-H & HCS-C
Exams end: 12:00 p.m.
Study session for HCS-D ICD-10 exam ONLY: All cities, Day 3, 4:45-6:15 p.m.
All the coding topics helped me understand how to code and prepared me for the changes that will be implemented."
— Mika Estacio, RN,
Northwest Home Healthcare
earn up to
Exams will be offered at all locations. See Certification for details.